Take Control of Your Legacy with Hicks & Demps
If estate planning was fun, most people would jump at the chance to write a will, assign a power of attorney, or plan for their nursing home care. However, few of us relish in dealing with our mortalities. More often than not, we put off dealing with the inevitable for as long as possible.
At the Law Offices of Hicks & Demps, in Hopkinsville, Kentucky, we understand that procrastination is natural. But we know from experience that an effective estate plan is one of the most precious gifts you can give yourself and the ones you love. Call us at 270-632-4429 today.
Estate Planning – We’ll Make It Easy For You
Our Hopkinsville estate planning attorneys have more than 45 combined years of experience in representing clients.
We see the immense difficulties a failure to plan cause for those who survive a loved one’s incapacitation or death. Your survivors, who may have to go to probate court to settle your estate, may not receive the fruits of your life’s labors as you intended.
But here’s the good news: it’s not as bad as you think. Meet with us, and we can discuss your options and draft plans that can give you peace of mind, while securing your family’s future.
Our estate planning and estate litigation include, but are not limited to:
- Wills and trusts. By drafting a will, you can prevent the time-consuming and expensive probate process by which a court apportions your assets after your incapacity or death. By establishing a trust, you can pay for your nursing home care, for the education of a child, for giving to a charity, and many other uses.
- Powers of attorney. We can help you appoint a representative who will manage your money and property, sign your legal documents, and act in your stead concerning financial and/or health care decisions in the event you become unable to make decisions or die.
- Living wills/health care directives. We can assist you in drafting a health care directive by which you can instruct others to withhold medical care if your condition is terminal (also called a “living will”) or to provide specific care, according to your wishes.
- Medicaid planning and asset protection. When faced with the prospect of nursing home care, many people feel obliged to spend down their life savings to near-poverty before they can be eligible for Medicare. We show you entirely legal strategies that can allow you to put your assets to better use, by protecting them in trusts, providing gifts to loved ones or charities, and other means.
- Guardianships and conservatorships. When people are either too young or too disabled to care for themselves, a person can be assigned to be responsible for their personal and/or financial well being. We can assist you in appointing a guardian who can use your assets to provide for the well-being of you or a loved one, or a conservator who will manage only financial matters.
Don’t Wait for a Crisis – Hopkinsville Probate Attorneys
You can ignore the inevitable, but it won’t go away. The sooner you confront it and the financial planning issues it presents, the sooner you can rest easy about your future plans.
At the Law Offices of Hicks & Demps, our experienced lawyers work to ensure our clients’ wishes are carried out in the most tax-advantageous ways possible. We understand that the more money you can save, the more you can provide for yourself, your survivors and your other beneficiaries.
For more information, contact us online or at 270-632-4429.